Jacki and I managed to score a couple of decent tickets to the Rolling Stones show at HP Pavilion in San Jose. Below is my review — I’ll try not to sound like a rock critic.
It’s feast or famine around here.
Stork Club – 2330 Telegraph Ave, Oakland
with Radio Nowhere and MILF
Disco Volante – 347 14th Street, Oakland
Rockit Room – 406 Clement Street, San Francisco
with Bond Girl and Rue 66
Ok, so I have been getting a little behind on announcing shows on this blog.
- Curtis Bumpy is at the Brick & Mortar Music Hall on Feb 18, 2012, with Afrofunk Experience. We’ll be joined by Latrice Barnett and David James will be pulling double-duty. THIS IS WHERE THE FUNK WILL BE.
- I’ll be at the Rockit Room with another new band, ZZ Topless, on Feb 25, 2012, with Mary Redente, Peter Marietta, Jeffrey Martina, and Peter Libby.
And a couple of retroactive archives to add, as meager as my gigging schedule has been over the last few months:
- Played at the Napa City Nights Festival on Sept 9, 2011, with a new band; tentatively named Hit Play, with Boris Dig, Ben Trumbo, Herman Eberitzsch, and Dave Powell.
- Curtis Bumpy played the 11/11/11 party at Ag’s house.
- Curtis Bumpy (with Omega Rae) just played at Pier 23 on Jan 29, 2012.
Just because it will get lost in the MyFace/SpaceBook continuum… in reference, to my general query posted to the community — to wit:
I think the following applies:
Shoe-gazer, navel-gazer, or Paul Glaser?
You had to be there.
Q: What do you call non-stick glue?
I’m so proud. Though I’m sure I’m not the first. Still, it’s the thought that counts.
Curtis Bunny. Easter frunch at SF’s Pier 23. 4-8PM.
April 24, 2011
Easter Sunday, 4PM-8PM
Pier 23 On The Embarcadero
SF, CA 94111 | (415) 362-5125
We do it again. With Omega Brooks, Josh Jones, and perhaps a special guest or two. At CODA this Saturday night, September 11 2010. Word.
Curtis Bumpy w/Omega Brooks
Saturday, September 11 2010
CODA / 1710 Mission St, SF / www.codalive.com
10:00pm / $10
Took me a while, but I think I’ve finally fixed the comments function on this site. I know I lost a few recently, sadly, so if you left a comment and still don’t see it here… feel free to re-post. Oy.
I just noticed that links to the Smooth & Nasty songs were all broken… I fixed them. The downloads page is all good now. Sorry about that. Have at it.